Many people are dreaming to be famous and become celebrities in the troublesome world of the showbiz industry. But some celebrities who have reached their dreams to become famous did not remain for so long in the spotlight and decided for themselves to depart from the limelight while some continue to a various way of life.
Here are a few of the former Filipino actors and actresses who have various jobs now.
1. Kim Delos Santos- She was a famous star at the time of the early 1990s after being one of the members of the famous show TGIS (Thank God It’s Sabado). Apart from portraying the character of Tere Gonzaga in ‘TGIS’, she also saw on television series like “Ikaw Lamang” and “Anna Karenina”. Presently, she is working as a dialysis nurse in New Jersey USA.
2. Bettina Carlos- She began her career in the Kapuso network and become the contract star of GMA Television network. later she transferred to the archrival network, ABS-CBN. Last 2012, she returned back to her home network where she finally stayed. She portrayed the main supporting actress role as Izel Guison in Yagit last 2014. She played also as supporting actress roles in “Sa Piling Ni Nanay” and “because of You”. Presently she is a columnist for the national newspaper Manila Times. And fortunately, she is the proprietor of the ‘Baked Bites by ABC.
3. CJ Muere he was one of the graduates of the Kapuso reality show “Star Struck Season 2”. He was included to the Top 4 finalist together with LJ Reyes, Ryza Cenon and Mike Tan and where he finished as the second to Mike Tan. He is now a full pledge licensed dentist.
4. Serena Dalrymple-She was once before a child wonder which was discovered from the famous fast food store commercial along with Aga Muhlach. Presently, she is the manager and procurement COE of the Viacom, a famous media company in the United States.
5. Goyong- His real full name Steven Claude Goyong, is a child star and a runner-up in the longest-running noontime show in the country Eat Bulaga ‘That’s My Boy’ last 1998. He completed his college at the University of Sto. Tomas. Presently, he is now a floor director on the aforementioned longest noontime show in the country.
6. Chantal Umali- she caught the attention of the people in the early 1990s. She starred in the popular television commercial of the Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdogwith a famous phrase ‘Goodbye Carlo”. Presently she is a happily married woman and now working as a yoga teacher.
7. RR Herrera- An award-winning child actor. he completed a bachelor’s degree in Communications Technology at the Ateneo de Manila University. currently, he is the regional director of TrainStation.
8. LA Lopez- His real full name Lyle Areanne Lopez is a Filipino child actor and singer. The comedy king Dolphy discovered in a talent searching show titled ‘That’s My Boy’ a segment of the longest-running noontime show Eat Bulaga. He started his career as a child star on the children’s television program ‘Eh Kasi Bata’. He received various Awit awards as a singer at his young age. Currently, he is the head pastor and worship leader of the Abundant Harvest fellowship Philippines, situated at the center of Quezon City.
9. Princess Punzalan- Her real full name Bernadette Vela Punzalan, the daughter of Helen Vela, received an award from the PMPC Star Awards for Tv as the best drama Actress last 1998 for her role as Selina Perreira Matias in the popular Kapamilya television series ‘Mula sa Puso’.
She was married to the famous TV host Willie Revillame last 1990. Their relationship did not take so long and separated last 1997. She resided in California since 2005 after marrying Jason Field, an American Marketing professional. Currently, she is working as a registered nurse.
10. Don Laurel-he is currently police in Toronto, Canada. He said his dream as a child was to become a police officer. And now he reached his dream and working for 6 years as desk officer for the 32nd Division.
What can you say about this? Do you miss them all in the sp[otlight and on camera? Do you believe that their decision to left showbiz is essential for them? Kindly share your comments, reactions, and thoughts with us.