The Basketball legend and superstar Kobe Bryant, along with his daughter, and six other passengers had perished after his private Sikorsky S-76 helicopter crashed in Calabasas, California. One unit of a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter is approximately amounting around $13 million.
This chopper is boarded by heads of states, prominent personalities and is also used in medical missions. It has the highest airspeed of 167 miles per hour which is an equivalent of 268kph.
Other specifications are exceptional navigation and safety mechanization, stylish interior and retractable landing gear. The NTSB sent investigators to the wreck scene to investigate the reason for the last Sunday accident that per1shed at least eight people.
On the morning of Sunday, January 26, 2020, a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter flying at about 2,000 feet above the skies of Calabasas, Califonia crashed and per1shed its eight passengers, among with them was the basketball legend and icon, Kobe Bryant.
The helicopter, which is sold by its manufacturer, Sikorsky, as a complete helicopter, developed fire after flying through a hillside at a height of about 1,700 feet.
News of the accident sent shock waves over the whole world making millions questioning how such an advanced helicopter could dreadfullyk1ll the lives of famous people. Sikorsky S-76 choppers are generally used by heads of states, VIPs and prominent celebrities and personalities. They are also used for medical purposes and transporting crude oil from mines.
Check out the seven features of this high-end chopper;
1. Passenger capacity -This helicopter, based on the information of the ApolloJets website, has a cabin size of six passengers.
2. Speed -A Sikorsky S-76 helicopter has the highest airspeed of 167mph which is an equivalent of approximately 268kph.
3. Flying Range- This concern to the longest distance an aircraft can travel from take-off to landing. This particular chopper has the capability to control to travel a distance of 781.5km (422 nautical miles).
4. Retractable landing gear-The landing unit of Sikorsky S-76 can be folded in after take-off and used as the bird prepares to land. A retractable landing gear decreases drag on the aircraft and the advantage of this is fuel performance and agility.
5. Comfy interior -Sikorsky S-76 that fly prominent personalities have luxurious interiors that feature comfortable chairs, air conditioning, entertainment features and state of the art safety equipment offering five-star travel experience. Some of them are equipped with a lavatory.
6. Engines- This helicopter possesses of a four-blade main and tail rotors and double turboshaft engines that power it through every flight.
7. Cost- Anyone who is fascinated by procuring this chopper should be ready to prepare about $13 million for them to experience lightning speed and advantages that come with this chopper.
Sikorsky stated in a statement that it was disheartened by the accident and promised to give assistance to investigators.
“We extend our sincerest condolences to all those affected by today’s Sikorsky S-76B accident in Calabasas, California. We have been in contact with the NTSB and stand ready to provide assistance and support to the investigative authorities and our customers. Safety is our top priority; if there are any actionable findings from the investigation, we will inform our S-76 customers,”
What can you say about this? Do you have an interest in owning this high-end chopper in spite of the incident? Do you experience boarding in this kind of aircraft? Kindly share your comments, reactions, and thoughts with us?
We extend our sincerest condolences to all those affected by today’s Sikorsky S-76B accident in Calabasas, California. We have been in contact with the NTSB and stand ready to provide assistance and support to the investigative authorities and our customer.
— Sikorsky (@Sikorsky) January 26, 2020
NTSB launching Go Team to investigate the Jan. 26, 2020 crash of a Sikorsky
S-76B helicopter in Calabasas, CA. The team is expected to arrive in California this evening.
— NTSB_Newsroom (@NTSB_Newsroom) January 26, 2020